Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Frugality continues (aka: Days 2 and 3)

I am spending more, but doing well. My only expenses yesterday were the bottle of wine and chips and salsa that I am taking to wine club this evening (paid with cash, since this is an 'extra'), and two yellow peppers, a box of linguine and a packet of gum for dinner (well, not the gum). I already had the onions and the sausage at home. Today I ended up buying lunch running between cross-town meetings ($5). That's it.

I am currently blogging from a Panera while I wait to go to wine club, and I have resisted the urge to buy something (since I always feel guilty about using the wireless if I am not technically a customer, but screw it) - there will be goodies at wine club in an hour, and I have an apple and a leftover cheeseburger in my bag from lunch (it's amazing how well McDonald's cheeseburgers keep... slight paradox in that I am reading 'Animal, Vegetable, Miracle' at the Panera, as well...).

Today I also resisted the urge to buy a plane ticket to meet Andy in Arizona a few weekends from now (more of a scheduling thing than anything, but still a win!), or kill the past 2 hours at the mall, since I was avoiding traffic and needed to be on this side of town this evening. I so would have gone window shopping in the past. However, I did not resist the chocolate-coffee frosted brownie offered to me at the photo studio. Oops. At least it was free. That's what I'll tell myself when I step on the scale tomorrow morning...

And my last thought today is that I just read on CNN that doctors explanted a woman's kidney through her vagina. Cool.

No comments: